Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mustang Hy's Buck











Well look at Mr. Buck. We went on our first ride out yesterday. He did great. He is Mr. Chicken the 2nd. He did get scared a couple times but that was expected. I am going to take him on his first poker ride this sat. He crossed big bridges, over the Yakima river and Hwy 10, went into the water of the yakima river, all kinds of new things we even went under I-90 by Thorp. That really made him nervious but stuck it out and walked out. Buck even took the lead a lot! Almost all the way back even over the bridges. He was very glad to have Lil Bit with him for showing him it was alright to go over these bridges and water and stuff. He still doesn't know he can trot with me on his back but we will work on that. It is going to be a hard desision on whether to keep him or sell/give him away. Only time will tell. I will put more time on him before I deside. However, if anyone knows of someone looking for a nice project let me know.

2 comments:

Andrea -Mustang Saga said...

What a great first ride out! He's a good looking horse, I like his color.

Mustang Hy Ranch said...

He will dapple out when he sheds out. He just absolutly amazes me every time we go for a ride. Debby and I are going to a trail challenge thing. I think I stand a chance with him. It will be fun trying and will be happy with whatever he does.